Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wake: Featured in the RPG Maker Podcast

I found out yesterday that my nearly finished side project, Wake, was featured in an RPG Maker podcast that a few people over at the forums started recently. It was in a segment called "Play or Flay" where they decide whether they would download them or not if they saw the thread. I had no idea any of this would happen when I posted the project page, so I'll admit I didn't really try too hard to make it that nice. They reviewed my thread, and sadly it got a flay. I talked to them afterwards and they gave me some suggestions, and it's getting a lot better now. Most of what made it look bad is my poor construction of the thread, like screenshots before I added the HUD as well as after, and before I changed the lighting effects and after. I have fixed everything and greatly improved the project page which you can find here. In the end I have to thank these guys for helping me realize that what I put out to the world representing my game is what everyone sees, and is much different from what I see as the developer. They helped me make my game and future games better, and hell, I was featured in a podcast! So I guess that's it for now. I haven't really kept this blog updated with Wake, so be sure to check out that link and see what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment